Lone Worker Two Way Radios
LRS UK has been supplying man down 2 way radios since the
introduction of the technology many years ago. Our customers have
confirmed that this radio technology for health and safety saves lives -
over and over again. As an independent supplier to the top radio brands
we are unbiased and can supply you with ANY brand of radio for emergency
and man down situations.
Of course we also supply all regular radios and all accessories at
exceedingly good pricing structures.
Man Down Radios - HTQ
HTQ are one of our 'own brand' LRS man down radios -
available in both license free and licensed and are some of the
most ruggedised walkie talkies we sell.
- Very rugged and robust design, IP66, MIL-810
- 1.5 of loud, clear audio via 45mm Ø speaker
- 16 user selectable channels
- 2100mAh Li-Poly battery pack
- 7 signalling protocols - CTCSS, DCS, DTMF, 5 tone,
2tone, QDC1200 with ANI and PTT ID
- 3 function buttons, including orange emergency button,
with fully assignable functions
- Voice annunciation (switchable) for channel and features
- Emergency alert, prompted response, lone worker and
man-down as standard - all fully configurable
- Dimensions 120 x 55 x 34 mm (exc. aerial), 300g (inc.
- Firmware upgradeable to allow future enhancements
- Other features include scrambler, compander, whisper
mode, configurable VOX and lots more
- Supplied with antenna, battery, desk charger and belt
Man Down Radios - Opus
The Opus D8 has been designed to deliver reliable voice
communications and advanced DMR digital radio features in a
range of tough environments. As users migrate towards digital
two-way radio many will want to take full advantage of the new
advanced features that are available, including text messaging,
individual and group calling. The Opus D8 meets this requirement
precisely. It is also backward compatible with legacy analogue
radio systems, allowing you to begin migrating users today -
fully switching to digital when you’re ready.
The Opus D8 has a robust, high quality casing that is IP65
rated and able to survive the effects of dusty atmospheres and
direct water jets.
The orange ‘panic button’ will instantly send an
alarm signal to a designated group of users. Display equipped
radios can immediately determine who is in distress.
In digital mode, the high capacity 1700mAh Lithium Ion
rechargeable battery pack delivers more than 14 hours use
between charges and a longer life battery is also available as
Key Features of the Opus D8
- DMR digital & legacy analogue communication modes
- Numeric keypad and LCD display for advanced feature
- Advanced group and individual calling with improved
- Text messaging - freeform and pre-set ‘fast texts’
- High capacity (1700 mAh) Li-ION rechargeable battery
pack - provides over 14 hours use between charges in digital
- Loud (1W) and clear audio ensures reliable communication
- Tough and durable to survive everyday use - thanks to a
polycarbonate casing and aluminium chassis
- More than 1,000 pre-programmed channels (in banks of 16)
- Panic button for instant alerting in an emergency
- Sleek and slim, ergonomic design - very comfortable to
carry and use
- Weatherproof construction and sealed casing protects the
radio from dust and rain (IP65)
- Motorola compatible, two-pin accessory jack for the
widest choice of audio accessories
- Two configurable dual-function side buttons to activate
a range of additional features or customise operation
- Extensive range of additional accessories - including
headsets, microphones, carry cases, chargers and more - to
enhance operation and suit your own operating requirements
We currently supply every single brand of 2 way radios in current production
(including Motorola, Opus, LRS, iCOM, Standard, Kenwood) and all
accessories. As one of the largest suppliers to a number of vertical
indistries including hospitality, health and safety, logistics,
manufacturing and more you can be sure that our service and pricing are
exceptionally good - our corporate clients would not put up with anything
For further information please contact us
The views of a current user:
The solution to our Lone Worker problem
I am currently employed as an
Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor for an aerospace business based in
the West Midlands.
On site we work a variety of shift patterns, with the
site being occupied 24 hours a day, 5 days per week, with weekend work
undertaken as required.
We identified that we have occasions where some of our
colleagues are require to work alone, where, although the site may be
occupied, the location of the work could mean that very little communication
would normally occur.
We investigated several solutions for lone worker cover
including telephones and radios with lone worker and man down functions.
The product that we eventually chose was
the HTQ TH-8000 lone worker radio combined with HTQ TH-2800 radios for
general communication and lone worker monitoring. We also purchased an Opus
RSU1 radio based remote signalling and interface unit to communicate
externally from site in the event of an emergency. We have since purchased
the TC 700TX, an intrinsically safe version of the lone worker/man down
radio for use in areas with the potential for explosive atmospheres.
The implementation of these radios has been a great
success. The radios are easy to use and, for our site, the perfect answer to
monitoring our colleagues who are temporarily working alone.
The HTQ TH-8000 and TC 700TX systems work
by emitting an alarm for both the lone worker and man down functions, this
alarm is then picked up by any monitoring radio, either
another HTQ TH-8000/ TC 700TX in another area, or one of the HTQ TH 2800
general communication/monitoring radios.
The HTQ TH-8000/ TC 700TX also transmits a signal to
the RSU1 unit, this in turn communicates to 3 pre-set mobile telephone
numbers. The system always ensures that someone is notified in the event of
The support from Long Range Systems (LRS)
has been exceptional throughout the purchase and set up process for our
system. I would highly recommend both LRS and the equipment that we
purchased, the HTQ Lone Worker radio system combined with the RSU1 radio
based remote signalling and interface unit is the perfect solution to our
lone worker needs.